THE RED NOSE MASK - CLOWN WORK

Study and practice the essence of the Red Nose Mask
with a focus on the roots of physical comedy



8 comments:

  1. I miss red nosing and being in a class of such honest, open and fun people. Taking your workshop was the best decision I made all summer. I cannot thank you enough. I cannot describe how much I learned, but I felt it tremendously in the presence I brought to my auditions.
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho incontrato il "naso rosso" anni fa ed è stato come incotrare il primo amore, che ti sconvolge la vita. Mi ha fatto provare emozioni fortissime lavorandomi dall'interno in ogni parte di me.
    Ogni volta che ci incontriamo è come se fosse la prima....
    Nelle orecchie risuonano ancora le parole di Paola...."Respira...." "Senti quello che ti fa....."......"Non giudicare...." ed anche le sue e le nostre risate!
    GRAZIE
    Annarosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paola immediately dislodges all the associations with clowning around so that the real clown, the incandescent soul of the performer, can shine through. This class opened up channels of play that I did not know I had inside of me before. Most importantly, through the class exercises, it becomes clear that you can't take any shortcuts to a good performance--you must work with and through the material that's there, not the material you wish you had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two week red nose intensive with Paola was filled with a kind of energy and productive criticism that both deepened and widened my ideas about directing as well as acting. Her deft commentary allowed each of us to move away from habitual patterns into refreshingly open states of being. Regardless of experience, the red nose work as guided by her dynamic interaction, provided participants a place to trust themselves as well as each other. It was a joyous journey of engagement and growth. Bob Larson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paola possesses the rare combination of overflowing empathy and an infallible BS detector. She is simply an exceptional teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it possible to be in a room where the foolish is embraced and “the trying” is applauded? Indeed it is! Paola is a master of developing a safe and non-threatening room where all your deepest fears and inhibitions can be cast aside or used for the greater good of CLOWN! I have never been in a class where camaraderie was more easily established and creativity in all its quirky forms was so fully welcomed! I look forward to more classes with such an intuitive and insightful teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish i was more versed in english to eloquently explain how much Paola can do for you as an actor. Everybody else above has a point. She is just an amazing teacher that can put you through a completely different, no-nonsense approach to acting. You absolutely have to take her class. Three times,
    :0) like i did.
    you'll keep coming back.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to tell you...I had an audition last summer, and on the spot - the director asked me to change my walk, my focus, etc - basically move into the clown state - instantly. and I did :) and I got the role. So THANK YOU for all your patience with me over the past few years...it's been paying off ;)

    ReplyDelete